Saturday, February 20, 2010

Four Hours at Creative Clay, Bismarck!

These are my hand-thrown pots painted at Creative Clay.  Next step is to overglaze and fire.  This is next weekend's work, when I am at Cattail.

It was wonderful--and chaotic--to be there.  Once, during the four hours, there must have been 30 people in the smallish space!  When I am at home or Cattail, I am alone and it is very quiet.  I think the variation is good for me.

These pots will look SO different after they are fired.  I am becoming attached to their pastel good looks and they will be darker and more vibrant.  That is part of the wonder of pottery--the shifts in color and changes in surface.

I am wondering today why I always step away from expertise I've gathered?  I feel so uncomfortable telling people how to do things.  I learn best when I am left to work things out for myself.  That is the nature of the self-directed learner.  But it is a different thing to always be stepping out of the expert box because I am uncomfortable...

One more pot image...

1 comment:

  1. Excellent to see you (and your latest work) here. I'm at badinfluencestudio.blogspot.com if you want to check out what I'm up to. I'll send a longer message on fb - but I wanted to say congrats on the blog.
    Stirling

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Sculptor, jeweler, potter, mother, costumer, data geek!

Followers