Sunday, February 21, 2010

Transformations

 
Late night and lots of work pouring out.  These are three raku clay pots, fired to 06 with underglaze paints and semi-matte overglaze.  They were grooved to allow for the addition of metal handles to be added later.  I worked in a progression, becoming more effusive and less functional as the night progressed.
This was my work this a.m.--adding barbed-wire motif to the edge of this pot and dangling 19 hand-wrought charms from it.  Here's a detail:
 
And finally, a decent picture of my favorite side.  As architect, sculptor and educator Gerry Allan taught, the picture of the work should be better than the work itself.

1 comment:

  1. I love the wire on these,and the swirls.looks like you've been having fun.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Sculptor, jeweler, potter, mother, costumer, data geek!

Followers