Monday, March 15, 2010

Supplies, supplies, Supplies!

I am SO excited!  After dropping a little cash, I have 175 pounds of fresh clay, new underglazes (really underglazes!!!!), PMC, Thai Kozo, and Gampi.  Unreal.

That is the funny thing...we have such a wonderful, open, creative space in ND, but supplies are non existent!  I hate paying for shipping!

A shout-out to the man who assisted me at Continental Clay.  He had a wealth of ideas, plus made up a small bottle of one of the underglazes when the shelf was out.  He also opened my mind to doing watercolor techniques on bisque.  Ah!  The world is expanding!

This is what I mean when I talk about the disparity between the urban and the rural.  An incredible wealth of human knowledge in the city and an incredible wealth of natural wonder in the rural.  I want to bring them together, at least in me.

One last thing--I visited MCAD early on Saturday and saw the newest works in the Made at MCAD exhibition.  Unreal!  4 or 5 pieces coming directly out of fiber tradition.  I know now that I could go there for my MFA.  I could fit there.  We'll see what the future brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sculptor, jeweler, potter, mother, costumer, data geek!

Followers